cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to receive BMC encoded data frame 300kbps speed using Cortex M3 STM32F103C8

hitesh poshia
Associate II
Posted on July 13, 2017 at 07:35

I am working in new project for which I am using cortex M3 STM32F103C8 microcontroller.

controller is running at 64MHZ speed.

In my project design system will need to fetch the data from the external device which is sending BMC(biphase Manchester coded)data frame at 300kbps rate.

After receving BMC data i need to decode it.

Please help me in achieving the goal I am trying to get.

#300kbps #bmc-decode #stm32-f #stm32f103
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on July 13, 2017 at 08:49

I'm not interested in doing the work, but I imagine you could time stamp the edges using a TIM in Input Capture mode, or with PWM Input mode.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
hitesh poshia
Associate II
Posted on July 13, 2017 at 10:35

thank you clive one. can you also advise on decoding BMC signal ?

Posted on July 13, 2017 at 14:09

Not familiar with the specific form/format of the signal in question, perhaps you can cite some documentation.

Manchester coding in general would look like a modulated signal where the period and duty cycle (ie distance between sequential edges) could be used to identify 00, 01, 10, 11 type sequences, you'd then need to look at any preamble or synchronization to get framing of the data correct, and use whatever CRC, checksum or integrity checking to validate the decoded data.

Your understanding of the specific form of the signal will be particularly helpful to its decoding.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..