cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I solve the build error on demonstration project?

Seonghwal Seo
Associate
Posted on June 30, 2017 at 10:46

When I try to build the demonstration project in C:\.....\STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.16.0\Projects\STM32469I_EVAL\Demonstrations\EWARM,  the build error is appeared on the IAR EWARM v8.11.

The build error message is : Error[Li005]: no definition for '__iar_Sin' [referenced from pdm_filter.o(libPDMFilter_CM4_IAR.a)] 

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on July 03, 2017 at 16:27

Hi

Seo.Seonghwal

I tested successfullythe Demo using

IAR version 7.70 andSTM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.0.

Try to test with an old

IAR version (7.xx) this may resolve your problem.

Regards

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
bbee
Associate III
Posted on July 04, 2017 at 08:20

This also applies to any example project that uses precompiled libraries e.g. like STemWin because IAR changed its wchar_t size from 2 bytes to 4 bytes since IAR EWARM version 8.1x without any option to define the size in the project. Because of this one will get a lot of warnings because of different wchar_t sizes in object files.

Posted on September 01, 2017 at 10:19

I am a starter.

I am trying to start using the STM32F469 DISCOVERY board, but the same message has occurred and I am unable to proceed.

The compiler version I am using is using the 8.11 evaluation version, so I can not get the previous version, so I can not solve the problem with your answer.

Could you tell me how to fix it in version 8.11?
Adam BERLINGER
ST Employee
Posted on October 16, 2017 at 13:12

Hello,

I had the same issue and this workaround worked for me:

Go to 'Project' > 'Options' > 'Linker' > 'Extra options', check 'Use command line options' and add this to the command line options:

--redirect __iar_Sin=sin�?

This should basically replace __iar_Sin with sin function from standard library. But I don't know what exactly __iar_Sin is and why it was probably removed in new version of the IAR.

Best regards,

Adam