Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32Mx Cube features

Balaraju Arror
Associate II
Posted on July 13, 2017 at 14:26

Hello,

While using cube tool I got following questions. Can you please clarify them.

1. In general STM32Mx cube will generate drivers in the location where project file is there with folder structure  drivers/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/src.

Can we configure path to the generate driver files?

Can we configure the name of the generated folder in the tool?

2. In general STM32Mx cube will generate EWARM settings as well. This is not required on every change.

Can we generate only source files without settings?

3. We would like use EmbOS  as part of project. We need dynamic memory allocation for graphics . Does EmbOs support for the dynamic memory allocations? Do you have any idea on this point?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Posted on October 20, 2017 at 11:47

Hi,

I am moving your post to the correct spacce

https://community.st.com/s/topic/0TO0X000000BSqSWAW/stm32-mcus

Submitting a post in the wrong space leads to delays to get answered.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Balaraju Arror
Associate II
Posted on October 30, 2017 at 11:34

Hello Amel,

first two points are related to CUBEMX tool configuration. These are related questions. Can someone answer them.

Thank you,

Jeanne Joly
Senior III
Posted on February 08, 2018 at 11:58

Hello

Arror.Balaraju

Sorry for my late reply.

Regarding your 2 first points :

1. In general STM32Mx cube will generate drivers in the location where project file is there with folder structure drivers/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/src.

Can we configure path to the generate driver files?

Can we configure the name of the generated folder in the tool?

==> The drivers folder will always follow the structure drivers/STM32xxx_HAL_Driver/src.

However it is possible to set your own Project Name in Project/Project Settings and to choose the project location according to the path where you want to have the generated code.

2. In general STM32Mx cube will generate EWARM settings as well. This is not required on every change.

Can we generate only source files without settings?

==> it is mandatory to choose a toolchain/IDE to generate the code.

furthermore, if you don't have the FW needed for the generation, it will ask you if you only want the source and header files to be generated. Then, click on yes.

0690X00000609XnQAI.png

For further details, you can read the

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/10/c5/1a/43/3a/70/43/7d/DM001047pdf/files/DM001047pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM001047pdf

I hope it will help you.

BR. Jeanne