cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in using Software UART driver (AN4457_STMF4 ) to STM32f3 series ?

Davy Jones
Associate II
Posted on November 13, 2017 at 12:59

How can I use '

stm32f4xx_hal_uart_emul.c'  driver in STM32F303CC MCU ? 

http://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stsw-stm32156.html

Please help in porting/using this Software UART driver in STM32F303CC

What all changes do I need to do in original driver for STM32F4 to make it work in STM32F3 MCU ? 

#stm32f4 #software-uart #stm32f3
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on November 13, 2017 at 21:47

I don't use Cube and won't go studying the code, but based on what's written in the accompanying appnote it should be matter of assigning proper DMA channel to the timer (and maybe even that's solved by cube's automagic), and/or adjusting the 'formatters' to a chosen set of pins.

They say HAL is here to make porting easy.

JW

Posted on November 13, 2017 at 23:39

>>

What all changes do I need to do in original driver for STM32F4 to make it work in STM32F3 MCU ? 

At that point it would be cheaper to just pay them to do the work.

>>

They say HAL is here to make porting easy.

In some respects yes.

Start by understanding what the library is doing, and how it does so in the context you are using it, and then roughly frame a project to pull the code into. Look at how much is actually F4 specific, and the parts which are relatively generic across the STM32 families.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on November 14, 2017 at 06:28

It's very difficult. I get tons of errors if try to use Stm32f4 driver just by changing the header file to stm32f3. 

I was wondering why emulated driver not included in CubeMx software and it's only available for STM32F4 series MCUs