cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F469I vs STM32469I (What is the difference?)

Yi?it Uyan
Associate II
Posted on July 14, 2017 at 05:17

I have recently got a STM32F469I-DISCOVERY board to start embedded development on STM32 family. I downloaded the Firmware package for F4 devices from 

http://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/32f469idiscovery.html

This is a huge zip file with software demos, examples and templates for the whole F4 line of MCUs. Under projects folder (where each different F4 products listed) there is no STM32F469I. The closest ones to this are 'STM32F429I-Discovery' and 'STM32469I-Discovery', however they both seem to be corresponding to different line of products.

Can someone with past experience using STM32F4 devices help me to figure out which one to use, and give some insight about the naming conventions used for these products as well?

Thanks in advance,

-YiÄŸit

2 REPLIES 2
Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on July 14, 2017 at 09:43

Hi

yigituyan

Thank you for bringing this typo to our intention ,I will report it to our team as enhancement.

In factSTM32469I-Discovery is the STM32F469I-Discovery, there is no difference.

To have idea about naming convention please refer toPart numbering section in any STM32 product datasheet.

-Nesrine-

Posted on July 15, 2017 at 10:21

Thanks for the super quick response

ELMHIRI.Syrine

‌,

Yes, you are right! Doing a bit more research, I think the confusion arises from the namingof the two development platforms using the STM32F469NI microprocessor.There is the standard discovery board

STM32F469I-Discovery and a little bit beefier evaluation board STM32469I_EVAL. The latter is named correctly in the Projects folder of the STM32F4 firmware package, but the Discovery one needs a name correction as you have mentioned.

Note that not only the name of the folder, but also the uses in the readme files, as well as the software references (in the demo, 'System Info' > 'Board') should be renamed. My biggest concern right now is that if this is not just a naming issue, but also the memory mappings and peripherals are configured according to a different board. I would ask someone to test if these packages are running properly on theSTM32F469I-Discovery board.

Now that I knowthe correct package, I also attempted to run some of these Applications on my board. Not sure if it is related, but some of themseem to have graphical issues. (Which I am going to ask in a different question)

Thanks for the help,