Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with the S2-LP SigFox GUI Application

Nitesh Reddy
Associate
Posted on July 17, 2017 at 14:12

I bought the

STEVAL-FKI868V1

development kit and when I try to open the COM port on the GUI, I get the following error message:

''Wrong FW in the Selected Board''. I go to the Binary folder in the application program files and I drag and drop the SIGFOX_CLI_DEMO_NUCLEO_L1_ETSI.bin file to the mbed drive and press the reset button. I try to open the COM port again in the GUI, and the same error message appears. There's nothing on the serial port as well on my terminal when I reset the board. Are there any extra steps which need to be taken before trying to open the port?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Nitesh Reddy

0690X00000607cBQAQ.png
5 REPLIES 5
edwin marcellin
Associate II
Posted on April 17, 2018 at 11:45

Hello,

I have the same pb but i was not able to find the 

SIGFOX_CLI_DEMO_NUCLEO_L1_ETSI.bin

Could you tell me where you found it so that i try and let you know if i still have the pb

Regards

Posted on May 09, 2018 at 22:14

Firmware is stored in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\S2-LP_SigFox_DK_1.3.0\Binary' or similar folder, depending on the software version. It seems they are the same for FCC and ETSI now.

Posted on May 10, 2018 at 04:24

Yes. In the latest DK, it supports different zones with the same library.

Please choose MCU accordingly. Currently F0, F4, L0, L1 are available.

Johan El Masri
Associate II
Posted on May 22, 2018 at 22:36

Hello, Winfred. I'm having the same problem and I have tried everything and nothing works.

Please I need some help! I have the development of the Bluenrg2 which is the steval IDB008V2 and the steval FKI868V1.

I made the hardware modifications so that the steval FKI868V1 can be compatible with the steval IDB008V2 (bluenrg 2), I set the antenna, and I tried to flash the binary files F0, F4, L0, L1, and connect with the COM port. But unfortunately, none didn't work!!! I got the same message 'Wrong firmware... Please flash the correct firmware' in the GUI. What's going on? I don't understand!! Please I need your help, this is very important for a project that I'm working with... I'm desperate, I don't know what to do.

Posted on May 23, 2018 at 09:44

Hi Johan,

STSW-BNRG-S2LP is the kid you need to test BlueNRG1/2 with S2-LP for Sigfox applications.

Please download from:

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/wireless-connectivity-software/stsw-bnrg-s2lp.html

Please try the prebuild FW located:

C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\BLE-Sub1GHz DK_1.0.0\Firmware\BLE_SigFox_SensorDemo\

The FW shall be working with your IDB008v2+FKI868V1.

It sends a Sigfox frame (containing a four byte counter) whenever the button_2 is pressed.

Please note that HW modification on IDB008V2 is required.

Please refer to UM2211 for details:

http://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/dm00390265.pdf

-----

This would be a different problem actually.

Please if possible create a new thread for different issues, so that it will be easier for other people to search.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Winfred