cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My EEPROM is write protected. How can i disable the password that has been implemented before?

KUMAR SAURABH
Associate II
Posted on September 27, 2017 at 07:16

My EEPROM is write protected. How can i disable the password that has been implemented before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on January 22, 2018 at 09:37

Dear Customer,

it is not possible to reset a password that has been written before for security reasons.

Hard reset of data that is not written in non volatile memory can be achieved with VCC off and RF field being off.

Have a good day.

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KUMAR SAURABH
Associate II
Posted on September 28, 2017 at 11:48

It's M24SR

JP Miller
Senior
Posted on September 28, 2017 at 13:58

Hello Kumar,

The password can be disabled using the 'Disable Verification Requirement' command of M24SR. for that the write password has to be presented prior to sending the 'Disable Verification Requirement' .

The section 'Unlocking an NDEF file' of the M24SR datasheets explains how. It is extracted below for your convenience:

The RF or I²C host executes this procedure to unlock an NDEF file which has been locked previously.

1.Select the NDEF Tag Application

2. Select the NDEF file

3. Verify the NDEF file Write password or the I²C password by using the Verify command

4. Unlock the NDEF file by sending the Disable verification command.

Have a good day.

Regards

KUMAR SAURABH
Associate II
Posted on October 05, 2017 at 11:30

I have forgot the 'write password' that i had used before. How can i disable or recover the password? 

Also, Is there is process to do hard reset in M24SR?

Posted on January 22, 2018 at 09:37

Dear Customer,

it is not possible to reset a password that has been written before for security reasons.

Hard reset of data that is not written in non volatile memory can be achieved with VCC off and RF field being off.

Have a good day.

Regards