Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlueNRG-1: MCU and bluetooth peripheral

Babip Bipbop
Associate II
Posted on July 18, 2017 at 16:44

Hello,

Pretty new to this tiny jewel, I have trouble understanding how everything is architectured.

When reading the ``datasheet'' (DocID028866 Rev 3), it seems [see fig.1] that the Cortex-M0 core is connected through an AHB to the Blue peripheral. It is mainly the same with other peripherals [ie. ADC/RNG/SPI... -through a bridge to APB].

What I would have then expected in the ``datasheet'' would have been to find for the Bluetooth peripheral a section that would be similar to those that can be found for ADC/RNG/SPI ...

Is there a good reason for which this is not the case ?

Is it possible to find such a documentation elsewhere/am I missing something [clearly-yes]...?

I guess the main reason why there is no such thing is that developers shall use the stacks provided by ST and not tinker with registers directly... I am pretty ok with that, but I don't know whether it is the right way of thinking or not...

Other questions about the stack and the interactions with the datasheet:

• How does the BLE IRQ scheme work ?
  • what are the BLE entries in the vector table supposed to mean [and where can I find info about that in the documentation ?
  • Browsing in the lib header file, I find this snippet... could someone tell me where I can find documentation about that ?

/**

* @brief Radio ISR routine.

* This is the base function called for any radio ISR.

* @return None

*/

void RAL_Isr(void);

Could you enlighten my path, dear community members...

Thanks a lot in advance,

Best regards.

#ahb #bluenrg-2 #bluenrg-1 #bluenrg-stack #irq
0 REPLIES 0