cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using LIS3MDL and is there any way to offset the interrupt threshold values by changing the Offset Registers? What I mean is suppose my surrounding environment z-axis value is 50uT and if I want to offset it to 0 then I can write 50uT to the OFFSET

Abin Thomas
Associate
Posted on July 22, 2017 at 08:34

I am using LIS3MDL and is there any way to offset the interrupt threshold values by changing the Offset Registers?

What I mean is suppose my surrounding environment z-axis value is 50uT and if I want to offset it to 0 then I can write 50uT to the OFFSET_Z_REG register. This works fine. Now since my Z-Axis is offseted to 0, if i set the interrupt to 10uT, then even though OUT_Z register  shows 0, the Interrupt is triggered which shouldn't happen until 10uT.  And suppose if i set Interrupt threshold to 60uT, then when OUT_Z  goes to 10, then the Interrupt is triggered.

I have set the Full-scale configuration to +-4 gauss.

What i understood is that any changes to OFFSET_Z_REG is affecting only the OUT_Z register and not the Interrupt Threshold. Like the z axis value in OUT_Z, is there a way to offset interrupt too?  

#interrupts #lis3mdl #lis3mdl-offset
2 REPLIES 2
Lance Molyneaux
Associate
Posted on August 08, 2017 at 02:05

I have this exact same issue, I'd like to set my offset to trigger above or below my surrounding environment. It seems that the LIS3MDL only subtracts the offset after the interrupt logic has already run.

Posted on September 04, 2017 at 12:37

Unfortunately the offset is applied only on the output registers, and not on the value which is used to evaluate the interrupt threshold.