cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's possible to upload a file to STM32F446RE?

Daniel Almeida
Associate II
Posted on July 23, 2017 at 17:10

Greetings,

I'm developing a system to test ECG equipment using the STM32F446RE board and I need to upload a file to the flash containing samples of a ECG signal, I'm currently using mbed to test the ADCs and DACs, but I don't know which software I could use to upload the file, I'm also not familiar with the existing libraries and the necessary commands to read a file from the flash memory. Does anyone knows how to solve this problem?

Best regards,

Daniel Almeida

4 REPLIES 4
Posted on July 23, 2017 at 22:36

Hello.

You can convert your binary samples to C arrays and use inside your program as constant

Search  from your browser to find  a converter 'bin to c'

Posted on July 23, 2017 at 22:38

Depends on your mode of connectivity. If serial you can manage data in/out of flash using X-MODEM, etc supported by your average terminal application.

You could perhaps pretend to be a USB MSC, and download files directly, or use a Micro SD card to hold data sets.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on July 25, 2017 at 16:14

I'm comunicating with the board using the USB port (serial port), but I don't know the commands needed to insert data in the flash memory.

The others solutions you've mencioned I'm not familiar with them.

Posted on July 25, 2017 at 16:16

Hi, 

this solution seems simple and easy to implement the problem seems to be the amount of code.