cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I download the mp3 codec library?

Jeff Shedrawi
Associate
Posted on July 24, 2017 at 15:03

Greetings. I need to use the mp3 codec library specifically developed for STM micro-controllers for my audio project (mentioned on the ST website). Nevertheless, I neither found the library to download it nor was I able to know which STM32 family members it supports. I am currently using the stm32f405 MCU. Any help will be much appreciated!

#stm32 #audio #mp3 #codec #library
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on July 26, 2017 at 17:23

Works with Cortex-M3 (and thus M4 and M7)

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/data_brief/02/63/4c/91/74/e9/47/b2/DM00024540.pdf/files/DM00024540.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00024540.pdf

Do what is says

'For any further information, or to order the product, please contact your nearest ST sales office.'

Likely licensing and disclosure requirements, so be a commercial customer with a credible product/project.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on July 27, 2017 at 07:44

Thank you for this valuable info. 

Yes I contacted them and they directed me to someone in my area.

Posted on January 11, 2018 at 21:28

Jeff,

Did you ever find the MP3 codec library for STM32?

Posted on January 12, 2018 at 01:43

Libraries like this are generally not redistributable, you sign a license, and ST gets to sue you if you break the terms. You should contact a local ST sales office if you have a commercial use case for the codec. 

If you are looking for a generic decoder, perhaps widen your scope to code that runs on ARM or Cortex-M platforms.

If you are selling a product using an MPEG codec you will need to also pay the MPEG LA whatever royalty they are due.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..