cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F7 power consumption in RESET mode? How to test?

Naveen Raminedi
Associate
Posted on July 24, 2017 at 17:07

Hello all,

Greetings for the day. Hope you all doing good.  

This is Naveen Raminedi from Bangalore India, i am a Embedded Hardware Engineer, me too having the same question as some of yours. 'What is the STM32F7 current consumption in RESET mode'?

Datasheet did not have this information. By making NRST low and having VDD of 3.3V, need to know the current consumption of the IC (STM32F745VEH6).

I have tested practically and the results are as below:

1. At VDDA, current = 130uA and

2. At VDD, VBAT, VDD_USB current = 9.3mA.

However i am suspecting this results. I hope when system is in RESET mode current consumption should be low (my assumption, please correct me if am wrong). But here i am getting around 9.5mA current. Kindly suggest.

Please let me know, if you any one of you have faced same situation or already know how to deal this. or how to find the current consumption in system RESET mode.   It's nice to meet you all. Your support is greatly appreciable.

Thanks in advance.  

Regards Naveen Raminedi

3 REPLIES 3
STOne-32
ST Employee
Posted on July 25, 2017 at 19:13

Hi

Raminedi.Naveen_Kuma

‌,

Your typical measurement is correct, at reset all of our I/O are high-Z except few ones (JTag/swd).Power blocs monitoring active , Flash is fully powered and ready to be fetched by the CPU in addition to static leakage. We recommend to use standby mode to have minimum consumption while maintaining VDD on. A reset will wake-up from standby as well.

Cheers

ST1-32

Posted on July 25, 2017 at 22:57

+1 STANDBY

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on July 26, 2017 at 07:29

Thank you so much STOne-32. This information helps me a lot. Thanks again.

Regards

Naveen Raminedi