cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX v4.22.1 Custom Firmware Location in the IOC file

Posted on September 14, 2017 at 10:41

I have the 'Use Default Firmware Location' checkbox set in the 'Project Settings' window but nonetheless my firmware location path is being saved in the IOC file when I save it:

ProjectManager.CustomerFirmwarePackage=/home/jive/stm32/repository/STM32Cube_FW_L0_V1.0
...�?�?�?

I think it would be better not to save the custom firmware location when the default location checkbox is set because different developers sharing the same IOC file in the version control system have different default repository paths.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeanne Joly
Senior III
Posted on February 05, 2018 at 15:38

Hi

sweden

Thanks for your suggestion.

When the specification was written, we decided to keep the FW path even if the user chose his ownpath or else he wouldneed to re-enter the path each time he re-generated his project.

I fully understand your point but we chose to write the user path in the generated ioc (if someone uses the generated ioc and needs to change the path, he can do it manually by editing the ioc file) instead of deleting the path (in this case, everybody would have to write their own paths and I'am pretty sure we would have many complaints...).

I hope your understand our choice.

Don't hesitate to have a look to this doc

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/10/c5/1a/43/3a/70/43/7d/DM001047pdf/files/DM001047pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM001047pdf

for further details (paragraph 5.8.1 for the default FW location).

BR. Jeanne

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Jeanne Joly
Senior III
Posted on February 05, 2018 at 15:38

Hi

sweden

Thanks for your suggestion.

When the specification was written, we decided to keep the FW path even if the user chose his ownpath or else he wouldneed to re-enter the path each time he re-generated his project.

I fully understand your point but we chose to write the user path in the generated ioc (if someone uses the generated ioc and needs to change the path, he can do it manually by editing the ioc file) instead of deleting the path (in this case, everybody would have to write their own paths and I'am pretty sure we would have many complaints...).

I hope your understand our choice.

Don't hesitate to have a look to this doc

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/10/c5/1a/43/3a/70/43/7d/DM001047pdf/files/DM001047pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM001047pdf

for further details (paragraph 5.8.1 for the default FW location).

BR. Jeanne