cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does STM32 HAL Drvier support STM32 PMSM FOC LIB v4.3?

Jarvis Xing
Associate
Posted on August 04, 2017 at 10:22

I want to use FOC LIB to develop my application, but I found FOC LIB used Std Drvier, STM32CubeMX used HAL Drvier. Does STM32 HAL Drvier support STM32 PMSM FOC LIB ? 

#foc-sdk-4.3.0 #hal-driver
3 REPLIES 3
Gunnar Holm
Associate II
Posted on January 03, 2018 at 14:29

I was about to use a DMA example from STM32Cube_FW_F3_V1.8.0 in my FOC application based on STM32 PMSM FOC LIB_4.3 when I realized what Jarvis Xing describes: FOC lib is using std drivers - not HAL.. 

In general, I would like to use several examples from the STM32Cube_FW into my FOC-application.

So basically, I have the same question as Jarvis Xing, but I would like to check if somebody has some advices or comments to following alternatives:

1. Port the FOC library (the part applicable for my MCU and power drive) to using HAL drivers
  2. Port the STM32Cube_FW example(s) to std drivers.
  3. Skip the example and implement the functions in my FOC application from scratch based on std drivers.
Posted on January 03, 2018 at 15:04

Hi

Holm.Gunnar

‌,

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-expansion-packages/x-cube-spn7.html

is developed based on HAL drivers. Why don't you use it?

Are some algorithms that you need missing there?

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Posted on January 03, 2018 at 23:06

As I understand, the x-cube-spn7 uses six step control only - and (UM1945) refers to the ST FOC SDK for FOC control (which is what I want to run). Also, I find the MC workbench SW very useful.

In fact, alternative 3 seems ok - the std drivers includes a 'how to use' description and the basic dma function is now up and running.