cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.8.0\Projects\STM32L432KC-Nucleo\Examples\PWR\PWR_STANDBY_RTC example project

Posted on September 01, 2017 at 19:36

Hi

I just purchased the STM32L432 Nucleo board  and tried to run the example from the folder

STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.8.0\Projects\STM32L432KC-Nucleo\Examples\PWR\PWR_STANDBY_RTC

I found that I could not find the definition for LED3 (macro label)... The question, has anyone used this example?.  I also am kind of confused what the code actually does... I set the LED3 to 0 and compiled the code and dumped it.. I cant understand how GPIOA or B or C is configured.... Any explanation in this regard and how and what the code does would be great!!! . Thanks for all the support..

6 REPLIES 6
Posted on September 01, 2017 at 20:12

The Board Support Package (BSP) manages the LED

STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.8.0\Drivers\BSP\STM32L4xx_Nucleo_32\stm32l4xx_nucleo_32.c

Translates the hardware per the schematic into a software usable form. Set up via BSP_LED_Init()

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on September 01, 2017 at 20:35

Hi 

I did not find that directory from the downloaded project... I had to rename the directory STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.8.0\Drivers\BSP\STM32L4xx_Nucleo and in that i found 

stm32l4xx_nucleo.c and 

stm32l4xx_nucleo.h file... I renamed these to end in _32 and used them... One more thing is should I have the jumper between D2 and GND there or nor?... Do you have a working project for the board that I have got ,one that I can just load and check?..

The application notes for the NUCLEO boards asks to take the jumper out between D2 and GND and says you can see GREEN LED flash... I can seee that.... But so what?. Should I have them ON or OFF to run code?... Please help!

Posted on September 01, 2017 at 21:19

I guess you'd need to review the materials in the app note against the schematic for the board to understand the reasoning.

The project you mention builds directly in Keil with no modification. Attached a generated .HEX file

Review the README.TXT in the root of the project tree, it indicates the device exits standby via a rising edge on the Arduino A0 pin.

I have several STM32L4 boards, this isn't one I have, feel free to send me a board.

Attachments :

STM32L432KC_NUCLEO_PWR_STANDBY.hex.zip : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006HyLP&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000b82%2F7vT3ACETkNVmxx.FV3BHaHdb9FFifcYpOGgFDo2XTs8&asPdf=false
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on September 01, 2017 at 21:42

Thanks for your reply... But it just does not work as is from the STM downloads!!!..  Would you be able to zip up that working project and post it?. It is a freeware... I know that... Thanks for your help and I understand if you do not want to!!!.

Posted on September 01, 2017 at 21:58

>>But it just does not work as is from the STM downloads!!!

Not sure what tool chain you're using, but Keil built this without any changes.

Doesn't the Nucleo 64 use *different* pins than the Nucleo 32, don't think you can just rename files.

Posted on September 05, 2017 at 19:29

I had downloaded the patch and not the actual software.... So after i downloaded the actual firmware it is good and working. Thanks for the time and help!!