cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to test ADC by Software ?

Alexandre Chirouze
Associate II
Posted on September 05, 2017 at 17:33

Hi !

I am currently designing a test plan for my software/hardware application. During the tests, I need to know if the ADC is functionnal and correctly calibrated.

We have an idea to test it with an hardware solution which is using a multiplexer to apply a Reference Voltage to the ADC Pin when we ask for it and verify the digital value returned by the ADC.

Using a STM32L4, do you know another (better) solution without specifics hardware configuration to test ADC ? 

Thanks a lot,

Best regards.

#self-test #adc #stm32l4 #calibration-stm32
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on September 05, 2017 at 18:00

Doesn't it provide a means to measure the VREFINT? You could use another ADC pin (unused in other parts of design) to apply test voltages from an automated test system. You could implement and external divider and check that. You could also add a Test Point for VDDA/VREF+, and confirm the levels there.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Posted on September 05, 2017 at 18:00

Doesn't it provide a means to measure the VREFINT? You could use another ADC pin (unused in other parts of design) to apply test voltages from an automated test system. You could implement and external divider and check that. You could also add a Test Point for VDDA/VREF+, and confirm the levels there.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Alexandre Chirouze
Associate II
Posted on September 05, 2017 at 18:47

Thanks for your prompt answer !