Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[STM32L476RG] USB Wake up from Shutdown mode

Alexandre Chirouze
Associate II
Posted on August 03, 2017 at 09:53

Hi ! 

I'm currently looking for the best sleep mode for my device.

I'm not able to find any information on Datasheets or Application Notes on the capability of wake-up a STM32L476RG via USB Bus on the Shutdown Mode.

I know that we can do this wake up in Stop 0/1 Mode, but the shutdown mode would be perfect for me as I only need 5 GPIOs + USB to wake-up my device.

Do you have any information about this ? Do you know if i can or cannot wake-up my STM32L476RG with USB during the Shutdown mode ?

Thanks you for reading me.

#shutdown-mode #usb-wake-up #stm32l476rg #stm32l4-usb
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on August 03, 2017 at 10:24

Hi

alexandrechirouze

TheShutdown mode implemented in the STM32L4xx devices allows the lowest consumption, by switching off the internal voltage regulators, and by disabling the voltage power monitoring.

Wakeup from this mode is done thanks to one of the five wakeup pins or to the reset pin. The RTC clocked by the low-speed external oscillator (LSE) is also functional in this mode, with wakeup capability

0690X00000607qhQAA.png

for more details please refer to Power control (PWR) chapter in your related reference manual also have a look to

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/application_note/9e/9b/ca/a3/92/5d/44/ff/DM00148pdf/files/DM00148pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00148pdf

application note.

-Nesrine-

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on August 03, 2017 at 10:24

Hi

alexandrechirouze

TheShutdown mode implemented in the STM32L4xx devices allows the lowest consumption, by switching off the internal voltage regulators, and by disabling the voltage power monitoring.

Wakeup from this mode is done thanks to one of the five wakeup pins or to the reset pin. The RTC clocked by the low-speed external oscillator (LSE) is also functional in this mode, with wakeup capability

0690X00000607qhQAA.png

for more details please refer to Power control (PWR) chapter in your related reference manual also have a look to

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/application_note/9e/9b/ca/a3/92/5d/44/ff/DM00148pdf/files/DM00148pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00148pdf

application note.

-Nesrine-

Posted on August 03, 2017 at 10:37

Thanks a lot for your quick and prompt answer. I will plug the D+ pin of the USB on one of the five wakeup pins of the microcontroller

could you please update those links? They currently go nowhere! Thanks