cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error[Lp050] in AWS CubeMX expansion

Russel Brack
Associate
Posted on September 07, 2017 at 18:31

I am trying to compile the CubeMX expansion for AWS, but I get an Error[Lp050]: placement includes both uninitialized sections (example 'ro data section UNINIT_FIXED_LOC in iot_flash_config.o symbols: [lUserConfig]') and sections with content (example 'initializers for P3'). Does anyone know how to fix this?

#cubemx #aws
6 REPLIES 6
Posted on September 07, 2017 at 20:06

Perhaps use a version of IAR contemporary with the project? ie v6.x not v7.x

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on September 08, 2017 at 15:41

Hello

Brack.Russel

Please provide more details about your environment, tools version used?

Thanks

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Posted on September 08, 2017 at 16:19

Hello Imen D,

My IDE is IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM v7.70.1.11486 with IAR Embedded Workbench shared components v7.5.1.4405. I am trying to compile the B-L475E-IOT01 cloud application project in both STM32CubeExpansion_Cloud_AWS_V1.1.0, and STMCubeExpansion_Cloud_AZURE_V1.0.0. I get the same error, in the same file, in the same place for both projects, so I'm hoping that by fixing one, the other will be fixed as well.

If there is any other information you would like me to supply, please, don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you for your help,

Russel

Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on September 11, 2017 at 12:46

Hi

Brack.Russel

After check, we don't have this build error with the sample application which is part of the package.

But, it is possible that if you change the application, particularly allocate more constant data, or increase the size of the used ROM, it create such a linker allocation clash.

Maybe the UserConfig structure should be added so that if fills completely all the Flash pages it is stored on.

As a workaround, you may also change the attributes, so that this struct is initialized as any other const.

But, then you will have to reconfigure the board with the WiFi and Cloud credentials each time you update the application from IAR or STLink.

Kind Regards

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on September 11, 2017 at 12:58

After a second look, our scatter file seems to be safe: The uninitialized region is already fully page-aligned.

If it is possible to send your scatter file and the .map (if it is generated), that could help ST team to more understand the issue.

Thanks

Imen

Thanks
Imen
N Elgez
Associate
Posted on November 16, 2017 at 21:25

Hello,

I had the same issue. Please change the Linker Options to use the following configuration file (instead of the default):

STM32CubeExpansion_Cloud_AWS_V1.1.0\Projects\B-L475E-IOT01\Applications\Cloud\AWS\EWARM\stm32l475xx_flash.icf

Everything will compile after that. 

Regards,

Natalia