cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F429: White screen, flashing COM LED

Terence D
Senior
Posted on August 03, 2017 at 22:55

Hi guys, total newb question here: A few weeks back I got a STM32F429.  Immediately when I received it, I plugged it in and played with the demo software which seemed to work fine.  Busy with other things, I stored it away safely for the last few weeks.

Just today I go to work with it, plug it back in and all I get is a white LCD screen, the COM LED is flashing periodically and the power LED is continuously on as shown in the image below.

Despite having the ST-Link/V2 drivers installed, Windows does not acknowledge the board as a plugged in USB device.

Searching this forum and Google have not provided me with any leads.  Anyone have any ideas? 

0690X00000603txQAA.jpg

#white-screen #stm32f429
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on August 06, 2017 at 10:46

Hello!

Check if your USB cable fits properly to the socket, and/or change the cable

Check the Black button (reset) if  has stucked

Check Idd jumper for proper fitting.

With a multimeter, check  VDD pin , The voltage must be around 3v

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Terence D
Senior
Posted on August 06, 2017 at 05:17

Bump

Posted on August 06, 2017 at 10:46

Hello!

Check if your USB cable fits properly to the socket, and/or change the cable

Check the Black button (reset) if  has stucked

Check Idd jumper for proper fitting.

With a multimeter, check  VDD pin , The voltage must be around 3v

Posted on August 06, 2017 at 22:48

My bad, looks like a USB cable that although physically fits perfectly is not working with this board and another I had.  I must've gotten the cable mixed up in between using it previously and now.  Thanks so much.  Sorry for the bother.

Harsha Sandirigama
Associate II
Posted on October 25, 2017 at 13:37

Hey!

It's great that you've solved your problem. But I suggest you to perform a firmware update as well. This update will eliminate issues when powering the board from the 5V pin. This update is extremely beneficial when powering the board from a battery.

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/development-tools/software-development-tools/stm32-software-development-tools/stm32-programmers/stsw-link007.html

Cheers! 

Terence D
Senior
Posted on October 25, 2017 at 15:58

Thanks!  Will do!

Tauqir  Hassan
Associate III

Hey Friend ! Were you able to solve the problem ? Because changing the cable didn't worked for me.

Terence D
Senior

Yeah, I believe the problem is that some USB cables are just for charging and not also communicate data(?) I had mistakenly used one of these cables.

@Terence D​  I have almost the same problem as your's .

Here's the link to my thread : https://community.st.com/s/feed/0D50X0000AaXYvU

Can you help me with any suggestions? Any help will be appreciable.

Terence D
Senior