cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F412G-DISCO arduino pin assignment error

Adam Hamilton
Associate III
Posted on May 09, 2018 at 15:46

When I create a project in CubeMX 4.25.0 with the STM32F412G-DISCO board, the arduino pin assignments are all wrong.

I have attached a partial screenshot of the CubeMX project showing the incorrect assignment and a screenshot of the user manual's pin assignment.

0690X0000060B5pQAE.png0690X0000060B6jQAE.png

Is this likely to be corrected in a future update?

I don't think this is likely to cause problems as enabling the USART6 peripheral, for example, can't be set to D0 and D1 (PD14 & PD15) in CubeMX but it does cause a bit of confusion when trying to assign peripherals.

Kind regards

Adam Hamilton

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adam Hamilton
Associate III
Posted on May 10, 2018 at 02:51

I have found the source of confusion and it is not due to incorrect pin assignments but because the arduino connector has the labels marked as D0-D13 and the D0-D13 I was seeing infact belonged to the LCD - although maybe they should be marked as LCD_D0 etc... to avoid confusion for future updates.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Adam Hamilton
Associate III
Posted on May 10, 2018 at 02:51

I have found the source of confusion and it is not due to incorrect pin assignments but because the arduino connector has the labels marked as D0-D13 and the D0-D13 I was seeing infact belonged to the LCD - although maybe they should be marked as LCD_D0 etc... to avoid confusion for future updates.

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee
Posted on May 16, 2018 at 17:22

Hi

adam3hamilton

Your requestis forwarded toour team and we will do our bestto

implement it

in futurereleases .

I will keep you informed .

regards,

Houda