Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STLINK Utility V4.0.0 problem

fwajie jspa
Associate II
Posted on August 09, 2017 at 04:04

Hi, 

I am currently playing with micropython on NUCLEO-L476RG and get it flashed and working using STLINK Utility V3.9.0

But then when I update to STLINK Utility V4.0.0, using the same exact .HEX files, It stop working. Flashing firmware working just fine, but the firmware is not running properly. Note that the fw is built using GNU gcc arm toolchain. I thought the STLINK utility flash function just to write some code from flash start address with some amount of binary data... so what is the difference in new version?

attached is the fw files. 

2 REPLIES 2
Posted on August 09, 2017 at 05:00

Have your GNU tools generate a .BIN file and use that. Better still checksum your image, and confirm it's integrity on the device.

ST has had a number of issues processing .HEX files, and flash word alignment over the years. Download and compare the binary data from a chip that works vs one that does not.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Marwen Ben Mbarka_O
Associate II
Posted on August 22, 2017 at 12:28

Hi,

What's your application is supposed to do?

It seems working for me when looking in the MCU core window. It's also seems to play with JTAG pins since the debug connection is list after execution.