Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMx v4.24.0 is not able to re-open a file

Andrian Andria
Associate II
Posted on February 07, 2018 at 17:11

Hi, 

I have a problem with STMCubeMx v4.24.0.

My problem is : I cannot open a new project created with STM32CubeMx v4.24.0. This project was created from scratched. After I finish editing the file, I save it and close the software. When I re-open the project file, nothing happens. My mouse cursor is transformed into a blue circle (busy). It's impossible to close the tool  without forcing (ctrl-alt-supr or task manager).

In STM32CubeMX.log I have these errors : 

2018-02-07 16:57:00,996 [INFO] ImportTextPane:155 - (OptionalMessage_ERROR) IP (RCC) : Parameter (ADCFreq_Value) has invalid value (96000000)

2018-02-07 16:57:00,997 [INFO] ImportTextPane:155 - (OptionalMessage_ERROR) IP (RCC) : Invalid parameter (FamilyName)

When I open the .ioc file, I have these value for these attributes :

RCC.ADCFreq_Value=96000000

RCC.FamilyName=M

I am sure to configure correctly my clocks before I close the file. My ADC clock is 80MHz and not 96MHz. If I change 96000000 by 80000000 the first error (

(OptionalMessage_ERROR) IP (RCC) : Parameter (ADCFreq_Value)....

) disappears. 

For the second error (FamilyName), I don't know the expected value I have to put there.

I don't know why these values changed.

Did anyone ever have this problem or can help me to understand this case?

Thanks a lot.

Regards

What I already did :

• do last updates
  • reboot my computer and clean Windows registry database
  • re-install STM32CubeMx (previous installation was removed, registry was cleaned)
  • also try to open a project created with v4.22 with MCU package 1.8.0 => everything is OK (file is opened, edition and project generation is possible) but when I want to migrate this project with last MCU package (1.11.0) STM32CubeMx is stuck (file is not opened and mouse is in busy mode when entering into the software's window)
  • into .ioc file, if I remove all RCC.xxxx lines, STM32CubeMx open my file but all my clock configuration is not good and have some errors. If I correct my clock configuration, save the project, close the program and re-open it, I have the initial problem.

Context :

• Windows 10
  • stm32CubeMx v4.24
  • MCU STM32L475

The .ioc file is in attached file.

#program-stuck #cubemx-4.24 #stm32cubemx
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeanne Joly
Senior III
Posted on March 20, 2018 at 17:41

Hello

andrianina.andriaman

Dr_b.Dominik

and

Erol.Mehmet_Akif

This issue is now fixed in the current CubeMX release.

Please, upgrade with CubeMX4.25 if not already done.

BR. Jeanne

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on February 07, 2018 at 18:23

Hello

andrianina.andriaman

This issue is already raised internally to CubeMx team for fix.

Best Regards

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Posted on February 07, 2018 at 18:51

Hi Imen, 

Thanks for your answer! In the meantime, how can I go forward. 

Is it possible to downgrade the software for having a previous stable version.

Kind regards

Posted on February 08, 2018 at 10:01

For those who are interested, alder version of STM32CubeMx is avalaible here :

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkYVDSA3

Posted on February 17, 2018 at 19:39

I've got same issue with re-opening project. After downgrading to 4.23.0 I still can't open the project, because it was created in newer version. It is possible to import the project, but there are various errors and also this version of CubeMX uses older firmware package. 

I hope this issue will be fixed soon, as I am stuck right now.

Jeanne Joly
Senior III
Posted on February 22, 2018 at 16:37

Hello

Dr_b.Dominik

and

Andrian Andria,

This issue is well known by our development team, sorry for any inconvenience it may cause.

I confirm that the correction will be available in the next CubeMX release.

BR. Jeanne

Posted on February 23, 2018 at 09:36

STM32CubeMX, being an impressive and very useful peace of software, continues to constantly deliver new severe bugs with each version, as if a permanent beta-version quality product.

I understand that where there is any kind of new complicated code there are going to be bugs. Why don't you use the standard practice of releasing beta or release candidate versions before a real release? The brave and those hungry for new features could hunt for and report the bugs (and we need a dedicated bug-reporting platform) in the beta version. Then you would fix those bugs without adding any new features and make a release (while adding new features to the next beta version).

Mehmet Erol
Associate II
Posted on March 09, 2018 at 07:50

I have the exact same problem with the addition that i cannot open projects created with 4.23.0 as well.

Please issue a quick fix for this. I am trying to find 4.23.0 for now. I hope that will open the projects.

Jeanne Joly
Senior III
Posted on March 20, 2018 at 17:41

Hello

andrianina.andriaman

Dr_b.Dominik

and

Erol.Mehmet_Akif

This issue is now fixed in the current CubeMX release.

Please, upgrade with CubeMX4.25 if not already done.

BR. Jeanne