cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant jump while loop in main

-----????_---- ---??as
Associate III
Posted on August 18, 2017 at 15:52

After I jump to the system memory location to make bootloader I cant jump back even if I press reset pin.How can I properly jump new code to run?(I am working on stm32f4 discovery)

0690X000006040BQAQ.jpg

#bootloader #stm32f4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on August 18, 2017 at 17:11

Reset should be agnostic, perhaps you should review more carefully the design around NRST and BOOT0 as it implemented on the board. Don't drive NRST high.

A reset would fail if you mass erased the part, or tried to turn off protection.

Use a 'halt debugger' to see where it is in the problematic condition. Have code in the Reset_Handler so you can check it arrived there, and perhaps died elsewhere.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Posted on August 18, 2017 at 16:08

Who/where would interrupts be re-enabled? not a reset condition

SYSCFG clock must be enabled to change mapping

Reset should re-enter your code based on BOOT0 pin being pulled-low. How are you sure it is not entering Reset_Handler?

Does the system loader use a watch-dog?

This is not my recommended method to enter the system loader.

Posted on August 18, 2017 at 16:27

No watch-dog.I cant use boot0 pin so I must enter system loader in code.I thought that everything would come back when I press the reset.What do I have to do to work like the  previous?

Posted on August 18, 2017 at 17:11

Reset should be agnostic, perhaps you should review more carefully the design around NRST and BOOT0 as it implemented on the board. Don't drive NRST high.

A reset would fail if you mass erased the part, or tried to turn off protection.

Use a 'halt debugger' to see where it is in the problematic condition. Have code in the Reset_Handler so you can check it arrived there, and perhaps died elsewhere.