Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 Flash Loader Demonstrator support for STM32L071

vincent chardon
Associate
Posted on August 22, 2017 at 17:25

Hi,

I am trying to use the STM32 flash loader demonstrator to download a new software on my device.

I am using the version V2.9.0RC4, which I have found on this site 

(Cf. 

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkYFUSA3

).

I have written a STMap file for my device (see attached file STM32L0_x7_128K.STmap). 

I have started from STM32L0_x3_x2_x1_192K.STmap file and modified the following informations :

PID=0447 (I leave the value unchanged as it was the value given by ST-Link V2)

BID=1FF01FFE     (value found in AN2606 )

I have remove all the pages above 128K (as my device has 128Kb of flash memory)

I have leave the [DATA] and [OptionBytes] unchanged

When prompted I choose my file in the demo software (STM32L0_x7_128K), the mapping is correctly displayed in the tool, and I can apparently reprogram the firmware in the device. But in fact if I select the verify option in the gui, the write succeed but the verify failed, and the program does not run. I have confirmed with ST-Link that there is really a difference. 

Am I doing something wrong ? I am very surprised that the error occurs at the very end of my program while it is not the end of the flash (Can it be a software problem ?). There is no memory protection, and I can successfully write that memory location either with ST-Link or OpenOCD. Has anybody any idea to make the firmware write and verification  complete successfully ?

I have included various screen capture to illustrate the bootloader configuration and error.

- configuration.png : illustrate how my custom STMap file is interpreted by the demo boot loader software

- ErrorMsgBox.png : the message box opened by bootloader demo software

- MemFileComp.png : illustrate the differing bytes in ST-Link utility software

Thanks for your help,

Regards

null
2 REPLIES 2
LPizz.19
Associate II

I am using STM32L072CZ and I have the same problem. The only difference is that verify fails at address 0x8019280 (program size = 103046 bytes). When I load a different program the error happens at address 0x8019800 (program size = 104461 bytes). Always near the end, I think the last page of written memory.

When I load another program the verify does not fail (program size = 104531 bytes).

So I think the problem is not related to a special or particular memory location but I do not understand why a smaller program fail the verify.

Memory segmentation may be the problem in common with your case, but my programs are examples from ST and the linker command file (stm32l072xx_flash.icf) is always the same.

Now, to me, the main problem is get answers from ST.

How can we get help?

Thanks in advance to any help.

Best Regards

Luca

LPizz.19
Associate II

I am using the Flash Loader ​ v.2.8.0