cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB vendor cpecifiq request

Vladimir Ermolenko
Associate II
Posted on June 19, 2018 at 16:09

Hi, i use STM32Cube USB device library ver. V2.2.0. My PC driver send to device vendor cpecifiq request bmRequestType = 0xC0. In UM1734 says: 'The library passes all the non-standard requests to the class-specific code with the callback pdev->pClass->Setup (pdev, req) function.' (5.1.1 -> Non-standard requests -> SETUP stage, p. 18). But realy it is not true. In file usbd_core.c this request is passed to USBD_StdDevReq and handle there as invalid.

Tell me please, this is an error in library?

#stm32cube-usb-device-library-vendor-request
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ben K
Senior III
Posted on June 19, 2018 at 18:20

Please use a brief summary of no more than 6 words as the question title.

It is hard to imagine the necessity of any control requests that need to address the USB device that this is not supported by the library. I recommend that you consider using an interface request instead, if it's fitting.

Side note: the Cube library isn't really suitable for more complex use cases - basically anything beyond the Project examples that are shipped with Cube, and it doesn't seem to be in the focus of ST software development, so don't expect much.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ben K
Senior III
Posted on June 19, 2018 at 18:20

Please use a brief summary of no more than 6 words as the question title.

It is hard to imagine the necessity of any control requests that need to address the USB device that this is not supported by the library. I recommend that you consider using an interface request instead, if it's fitting.

Side note: the Cube library isn't really suitable for more complex use cases - basically anything beyond the Project examples that are shipped with Cube, and it doesn't seem to be in the focus of ST software development, so don't expect much.