cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to implement a very simple data transfer application between two st95hf

jas per
Associate II
Posted on September 13, 2017 at 01:41

Our application will have two st95hf devices connected by external microcontrollers through SPI. I just need to be able to transfer data from one st95hf to another. I don't need two way communication, just one direction. I don't need any complicated features like anti-collision or anything. Is there a simple example showing how I can achieve simple data transfers between two st95hf devices? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on September 18, 2017 at 11:24

Hi,

In the libraries\95HF\ folder, the software package example, in the link above, you will find a library of source files, which should be MCU independent, and gather functions from the NFC ISO and NFC Forum standards. (With the ST95HF used as card emulator, the available protocol is ISO14443 or NFC Forum Type 4).

We provide only ready examples for ST microcontrollers, you'll need to adapt the code to fit with your MCU.

Best Regards.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jas per
Associate II
Posted on September 14, 2017 at 02:45

To clarify, I would like to have one device configured as a 'card' or 'tag', this is the device that will actually send the data when it detects a field. The other device would be configured as a reader and would simply read the data as soon as it receives it. The data can be in a raw format and doesn't need to be interoperable with any NFC specifications. I am currently able to send data from the reader and receive it on the 'tag' device, but I need to be able to send the data the other way around. I have not been able to receive any data on the reader device from the tag device. Thanks

Posted on September 14, 2017 at 15:16

Hi Jas Per,

I invite you to have a look on our demonstration board 

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/evaluation-tools/product-evaluation-tools/st25-nfc-rfid-eval-boards/st25-nfc-rfid-eval-boards/eval-st95hf.html

and software example 

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/st25-nfc-rfid-software/stsw-st95hf001.html

There are some examples that could help you for your application (communication between two ST95HF).

Hope this will help you

Best Regards.

jas per
Associate II
Posted on September 15, 2017 at 19:42

Thank you, the problem is that those examples are so deeply integrated into an ST host microcontroller that they are very difficult to use with any other host microcontroller. It would be very nice if there was an open platform library/examples available to make the use of this chip. Is it possible to port the libraries for NFC to be used with my own host microcontroller? Is there any documentation for this?

Posted on September 18, 2017 at 11:24

Hi,

In the libraries\95HF\ folder, the software package example, in the link above, you will find a library of source files, which should be MCU independent, and gather functions from the NFC ISO and NFC Forum standards. (With the ST95HF used as card emulator, the available protocol is ISO14443 or NFC Forum Type 4).

We provide only ready examples for ST microcontrollers, you'll need to adapt the code to fit with your MCU.

Best Regards.