cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL-IDB007V1M not transmitting at all

Tomas Hamouz
Associate II
Posted on March 19, 2018 at 11:41

I'm trying eval board with SPBTLE-1S module. I'm using BlueNRG-1 Navigator v 2.6.0. If I flash any demo application, no BLE service can be discovered on the phone (Nexus 5X, Android 7.1.1.)

E.g. BLE Sensor demo - DL3 shorty blinks after reset, then BL1 slightly flashes, so the chip is doing something, but no RF signal. (Previous chip TI CC2540 has communicated correctly, with the same phone.)

Have I missed something or is the chip broken? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Antonio Vilei
Senior III
Posted on March 20, 2018 at 14:44

Hi Tomas,

please notice that all the examples included in the

BlueNRG-1 Navigator v 2.6.0 are preconfigured for the

STEVAL-IDB007V1board. In your case, instead, you're using an

STEVAL-IDB007V1M, which needs a different configuration. Indeed, your board is based on the

SPBTLE-1S module, which has a 32 MHz crystal. All the examples that you have found for BlueNRG-1 are usually configured for a 16 MHz crystal (the one used in the EVAL-IDB007V1 board).

In order to test the examples with STEVAL-IDB007V1M, you have to rebuild them for 32 MHz. Please make sure that in your project settings you define this:

HS_SPEED_XTAL=HS_SPEED_XTAL_32MHZ

For more information, you can also follow this thread about

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkWquSAF

Best regards,

Antonio

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Antonio Vilei
Senior III
Posted on March 20, 2018 at 14:44

Hi Tomas,

please notice that all the examples included in the

BlueNRG-1 Navigator v 2.6.0 are preconfigured for the

STEVAL-IDB007V1board. In your case, instead, you're using an

STEVAL-IDB007V1M, which needs a different configuration. Indeed, your board is based on the

SPBTLE-1S module, which has a 32 MHz crystal. All the examples that you have found for BlueNRG-1 are usually configured for a 16 MHz crystal (the one used in the EVAL-IDB007V1 board).

In order to test the examples with STEVAL-IDB007V1M, you have to rebuild them for 32 MHz. Please make sure that in your project settings you define this:

HS_SPEED_XTAL=HS_SPEED_XTAL_32MHZ

For more information, you can also follow this thread about

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkWquSAF

Best regards,

Antonio

Posted on March 20, 2018 at 15:40

Hi Antonio,

I have already found that thread (not before, otherwise I shouldn't have written the post), and, if I understand it correctly, it is impossible to make any example working without rebuild, using BlueNRG Navigator only?

I don't have any supported IDE (we are using Rowley Crossworks) and I would like first to try some (ready made!) example before I dig into the project and convert it to our IDE.

Could you please send me the BLE_SensorDemo.hex, compiled for 32MHz Xtal, as you did for Wolfgang?

I was very near to send the board back to the seller as broken piece.

Best regards,

Tomas

Posted on March 20, 2018 at 16:45

Hi Tomas,

here is the BLE_SensorDemo.hex file, compiled for 32MHz Xtal.

Please let me know if this works for you, as I don't have any STEVAL-IDB007V1Mto test it myself.

Best regards,

Antonio

Attachments :

BLE_SensorDemo.zip : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006Hxpi&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000b1e%2F5umDH.4WfZUBH8usQuNnMtd05rhXlKJCq3NMan0pF.k&asPdf=false
Posted on March 21, 2018 at 10:47

Hi Antonio,

Great! Works as expected, many thanks.

It's a pity the original binaries are for this version useless :-((

Best regards,

Tomas

Posted on March 21, 2018 at 16:19

Hi Tomas,

I think it would be useful to also add the binaries for the SPBTLE-1S module and the STEVAL-IDB007V1M board. I'll take a note and see if we can add them to the next release of the software package.

Thanks for your feedback,

Antonio