cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ETHERNET Ä°N NUCLEO STM312F429ZI CUBEMX

TARHAN SAMAH
Senior
Posted on February 20, 2018 at 10:12

Hello evry body , i need to install ethernet in my project so im using the board nucleo stm32f429ZI ,

the repository ethernet example works good .:

RMII_REF_CLK ----------------------> PA1

RMII_MDIO -------------------------> PA2

RMII_MDC --------------------------> PC1

RMII_MII_CRS_DV -------------------> PA7

RMII_MII_RXD0 ---------------------> PC4

RMII_MII_RXD1 ---------------------> PC5

RMII_MII_RXER ---------------------> PG2

RMII_MII_TX_EN --------------------> PG11

RMII_MII_TXD0 ---------------------> PG13

RMII_MII_TXD1 ---------------------> PB13

now i need to create my project :

but when enabling the ethernet and ipwl in cube mx RMII with PHY ADRESS 0 i dont enable any rtos or interrupt :

i dont get PG11 PG13 like the demo ???!! BUT PB11 AND PB

because i create my project i guess it is one of the reasonsthat i dont detect my cart tftpd64 software or modbuspoll..

plz help needed

Note: this post was migrated and contained many threaded conversations, some content may be missing.
8 REPLIES 8
ab val
Associate III
Posted on February 20, 2018 at 11:06

you can edit those pins in CubeMx. Just click on PB13 and select ETH_TXD1. same for PG11

0690X00000609iWQAQ.png
Posted on February 20, 2018 at 12:12

thanks much i didnt know this option in cube  ill chek it , and i have a question someone said it is a condition to add a thread for the tcpip , is it really necessary in nucleo 144 , or i can use without rtos ? 

Posted on February 20, 2018 at 13:23

I don't think you have to use FreeRTOS. I always use it with LWIP as it is easier to implement you app in parallel.

Here are some examples of LWIP without FreeROTS: 

STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.2.0\Projects\STM32H743I_EVAL\Applications\LwIP\LwIP_TCP_Echo_Server

That you can download from here: 

http://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stm32cubeh7.html

Posted on March 09, 2018 at 16:40

We are trying to establish and send and receive Project through an ethernet connection .we use Nucleo f429ZI,

We have our nucleo with

static  ip 10.1.1.2 mask  255.255.255.0 gateway 10.1.1.1 using cubemx ,PHY 0,

pc is used az destination having adress 10.1.1.3 using Hercules application

tcpip like a transport protocol.

i can ping my cart using comand mode no prblm.

-i can send by

/* init code for LWIP */

MX_LWIP_Init();

nc=netconn_new(NETCONN_TCP);//create new network  connection TCP TYPE

res=netconn_bind(nc,&local_ip,0);        //ASSCOCIATE STM MAC ADRESS TO AN IP.--->10.1.1.2 here 0 means any port number so we can accept any port

res=netconn_connect(nc,&remote_ip,23);       //connect to remote ip remote port--->our pc server application wireshark for exmple 139

sprintf(send_buffer,'hello from STM32f429 port 23\n\r');

res=netconn_write(nc,send_buffer,strlen(send_buffer),NETCONN_COPY)

-Ä° can receive by

netconn_accept(nc,&in_nc);

res=netconn_recv(in_nc,&nb);//nc the network connection  from which to receive data, nb network buffer

netbuf_copy(nb,buffer,len);

len=netbuf_len(nb);

printf('Received %d bytes:\r\n %s\r\n',len,buffer);

netbuf_delete(nb);//delete data buffer

buffer[len]=0;

but if i put both of them send and receive my prgm bugs and i dont have any reaction

im using FRTOS default task for the moment .i also tried withous frtos. No improvement and also tried to increase the mem size reserved to the thread no difference.

osThreadDef(defaultTask, StartDefaultTask, osPriorityIdle, 0,256);---à1000

defaultTaskHandle = osThreadCreate(osThread(defaultTask), NULL);

so:

-should i use different ports one for receiving one for sending or i can use one port for both?.

-should i create  two connections nc , two bindings one sending one for receiving  , or one is enough?

-demos are done in a complex way so that i decided to find a simplest way is there a good example or doc using LWÄ°P /netconn functions            ?

-serverdemos Works with both straight and cross cable which one is the right ??

-is Ethernet fullduplex ? is there an option i need to add in cubemx to have data both sides going?

Thanks

Posted on March 10, 2018 at 11:22

Yes, TCP is duplex.

But you seem to be confusing the 2 types of TCP connection.

1. Where you initiate the connection to a remote server;
  2. Where you 'listen' for incoming connections from a remote client.

The only difference here is in which end (local or remote) initiates the connection - in both cases, you get a duplex connection.

Perhaps you need to study some basic books/tutorials on TCP/IP networking ?

Posted on March 12, 2018 at 12:46

Thanks mıiter Andrew , my stm needs to send data to a software on pc connected to a dtatabase  and recieve from pc its aknowlege or other data to write to lcd  , like recieve data then send ackowlegde via frames of maximum 30 bytes ,

pc (data base)   <---------------send/receive-----------------> stm32

so i dont know if my stm device is server or client , but for me my device is both of them , 

yes im confusing thats why i need help to clarify things , so how i  should i configure my self , 

i tried this config i listen then when there is an incoomimg connection anyip i send to it , but i couldnt succeed .

Posted on March 12, 2018 at 12:56

TARHAN SAMAH wrote:

i dont know if my stm device is server or client 

So that is clearly something that you need to find out!

This has nothing specifically to do with STM32 - so, again, it seems like you need to spend some time understanding the basics of TCP/IP.

The whole point of TCP/IP and related internet protocols is that they are standard and do not change depending on what target hardware you are using.

It would probably be worth getting this going first on a PC before adding the complications of a small embedded microcontroller ...

https://www.jmarshall.com/easy/

Posted on March 13, 2018 at 11:53

Hello Mister Andrew i thought about what u told me about ,

for me pc is server it has a database , me im 'client' i need to send data and got an answer from pc ack for example,

If im client so ill connect to a remote server :

/* init code for LWIP */

MX_LWIP_Init();

nc=netconn_new(NETCONN_TCP);//create new network connection TCP TYPE

res=netconn_bind(nc,&local_ip,0); //ASSCOCIATE STM MAC ADRESS TO AN IP.--->1.1.2 here 0 means any port number so we can accept any port

res=netconn_connect(nc,&remote_ip,23); //connect to remote ip remote port--->our pc server application wireshark for exmple 139

while(1)

{

sprintf(send_buffer,'hello from STM32f429 port 23\n\r');

res=netconn_write(nc,send_buffer,strlen(send_buffer),NETCONN_COPY)

}

so how can i receive server answers ???just guide me little i coudlnt find good simple example i need to solve this issue thankks