Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-Link v2 ''Can't disable Read Out Protection''

Rudolf Novicky
Associate II
Posted on September 20, 2017 at 11:29

RESOLVED!

Using ST-Link Utility it is not possible program non generic/non STM board. I used Keil, it's working properly.

Thanks

Rudolf

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello All,

I found lot of postes with the same question: How to disable Read Out Protection. But, unfortunately, no sucessfull solution of that. 

I'm using ST-Link V2, target SAMD21 Adafruit Feather M0 board. Not able to disable Protection, not able to erase chip, still only one answer/exception: Cant disable RDP, or RDP is active, can't erase mem, etc etc.

Could you please someone advice me to solve this issue? It it possible to erase chip on non generic board like Adafruit Feather?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Rudolf

4 REPLIES 4
Posted on September 20, 2017 at 15:13

Don't expect support for Atmel / Microchip parts.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Rudolf Novicky
Associate II
Posted on September 20, 2017 at 23:18

To be honest, I thought, that ST-Link V2 is ST product, tool, used for programming/debugging of wide scale of development boards. Your reply is strange, anyway, I resolved this issue using Keil Software together with ST-Link. Keil allows using as debug interface ST products, I'm sure, that it is normal. For instance BOSCH drill can be used for drilling of holes in non BOSCH materials.

Anyway, thanks for your reply.

rudolf

Rudolf Novicky
Associate II
Posted on September 21, 2017 at 15:58

You're wrong, it's generic board, fully compatible with STm32, using Keil uVision + ST-Link I erased memory, also registers, and then it's working properly using ST-Util.

Posted on September 21, 2017 at 14:05

Your issue is more one of trying to use Ford engine parts in a Fiat, or using a Ford engine diagnostic application. The ST-LINK Utilities only understands ST parts, while the SWD/JTAG comms are the same, the behaviour of the flash memory and peripherals will be different.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..