cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F103 External Switch Interrupt Problem

Utkarash Patil
Associate III
Posted on September 22, 2017 at 10:00

I am using  a custom board in which i have connected 5 switches to the pins as given below and pins are configured as Pull Up and i am triggering interrupt on falling edge

PB9 <===> External Switch 1      

PB5 <===> External Switch 2       

PB3 <===> External Switch 3       

PC12 <===> External Switch 4     

PC10 <===> External Switch 5     

Also i have checked the  connection with the help of Digital Multi meter where  whenever i press the Switch the connectivity is established and when i release it connectivity is broken with ground , But still in call back function for ' PB3 <===> External Switch 3

' i am not getting any response but for other Switches I am getting updates they are interrupting my CPU and in call back also i am able to see the updates,

That is i checked with this by inserting the break point for every switch condition in call back function But the other switches  apart from ' PB3 <===> External Switch 3

' execution flow goes to the break point when switch is pressed, but for switch 3 execution flow

doesn't goes to Break point when the switch is pressed 

Please tell me if  Am i missing out on something while Enabling the interrupt or in configuration Tab,in below paragraph i described the details in cubemx which i have followed,

In cubeMx firstly i used 5 pins which are connected to switches and configured them as GPIO_EXTIx  also enabled their respective interrupts in NVIC in configuration tab that are External Interrupt 3, External Interrupt 9:5 and External Interrupt 15:10, also for indication i have connected 5 pins to different LEDs and configured them as Pull up and triggered when falling edge 

The code is uploaded below 

3 REPLIES 3
Posted on September 22, 2017 at 14:22

Hello!

0690X00000608KNQAY.png

In Pinout tab->sys select the serial wire mode to release the PB3 PB4  and PA15 pins from TRACESWO NJRST and JTDI  functionality(default)

0690X00000608LBQAY.png

regards

vf

Posted on September 22, 2017 at 17:26

I found also that you haven't  updated your firmware library(you use 1.4vs 1.9), This problem caused when you selected at Pinout tab->sys 'Î�o Debug'. Normaly the CubMx must have produced   __HAL_AFIO_REMAP_SWJ_DISABLE(); at stm32f1xx_hal_msp.c file  but didn't produced.

Posted on September 23, 2017 at 05:47

Thank You for reply It has helped me a lot and now my issue is also resolved,

Thanks a lot for helping and providing such a good guidance.