Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 Error Driver HAL_StatusType Def not found

F K
Associate II

Posted on September 26, 2017 at 17:43

Hello,

I am experiencing some problems when I set up the STM32L432KCU6 NUCEO-L432KC wiith FreeRTOS.

The driver files containing HAL are causing compilation errors (see attached screenshots) when used in eclipse.

What could be the reason for this?I haven't written any code in the main yet, I am just trying to compile the given project as is.

How do I know which UART to be using?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on September 26, 2017 at 18:07

Hello,

You should check your project configuration, you may find to the example/template projects under the STM32CubeL4 and have a look to the pre-configured project and

specific files

, this will help you in your project.

Best Regards

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Posted on September 26, 2017 at 19:51

Make sure your project's stm32l4xx_hal_conf.h flags all the modules you want pulled in.

You pass USE_HAL_DRIVER on the compiler command line and #include 'stm32l4xx.h' rather than 'stm32l4xx_hal.h'

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on September 26, 2017 at 21:53

My conf file is empty. Should I be adding code to it?

And i don't have any libraries included in my main either.

0690X00000608NqQAI.png
Posted on September 26, 2017 at 21:54

I just set up the project fro STM32CubeMX which generated these project files. I don't know where the templates are and whether or not I should be adding anything.