Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with UART Example on Nucleo-F746ZG

Mohammed Al Hunaiti
Associate II
Posted on September 28, 2017 at 16:47

Hello everyone

Yesterday i buy a Nucleo-F746ZG, i installed SW4STM32, ST-LINK/V2 Drivers and 

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-embedded-software/stm32cubef7.html

examples, first of all i try the Demonstration firmware and all was good.

Finally i decide to try the Uart Example and here start the problems, i download on the board the firmware using SW4STM32 and the usb cable, then i try to read the messages with several terminals (Termite, Hyperterminal, Putty) but i not see any message(i also try to reset it using push button on the board but nothing), using the oscilloscope on the TX and RX lines on the CN5 connector i see a fixed 3.3 V.

I make something wrong? any idea about the problem?

Thank's for the attention and for the help 

#nucleo-f746 #example #uart #problem
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on September 28, 2017 at 17:53

Demo .HEX file here

https://community.st.com/0D70X000006T0kmSAC

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Posted on September 28, 2017 at 17:31

>>I make something wrong? any idea about the problem?

Apparently, which example specifically are you compiling, have you used the debugger and stepped the code, do you have the right baud rate and COM port?

The USART/VCP works on the boards here.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on September 28, 2017 at 17:53

Demo .HEX file here

https://community.st.com/0D70X000006T0kmSAC

Posted on September 29, 2017 at 08:51

Thank you Very much for your answer, with your code work correctly, you have the source code of that program ? because i have the same problem on another firmware, what was the problem ?

Mohammed Al Hunaiti
Associate II
Posted on September 29, 2017 at 16:40

I find the problem, was missing the file syscalls.c, adding it the example work, i think that this problem happens using the eclipse IDE SW4STM32

HKim.101
Associate

Thank you Mohamed.

I have a same issue but I resolved by your answer.

Please copy syscall.c to SW4STM32 dirctory if anybody have the same issue.

I did it like a following.

copy STM32F746ZG-Nucleo\Applications\USB_Host\HID_Standalone\SW4STM32\syscall.c ==> STM32F746ZG-Nucleo\Examples\UART\UART_Printf\SW4STM32\STM32746ZG_Nucleo\

If you use odd for parity bit, you will see strange character.

UartHandle.Init.Parity   = UART_PARITY_ODD;

result) * T??鳶n?h? su娠?s?壹y?** 둇 一b?? p侄n廳 ?n辛旭n 剃 ??襤RT?

I've changed parity bit to none and it show it correctly.

UartHandle.Init.Parity   = UART_PARITY_NONE;

result)  UART Printf Example: retarget the C library printf function to the UART

** Test finished successfully. **