cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I really need a USB-TTL Serial adaptor to connect STM32 on macOS 10.2 Sierra?

Dirty Rocker
Associate
Posted on October 05, 2017 at 01:54

I'm building a camera guimbal and I got a STM32 board from 

STMicroelectronics. But I'm having a really hard time already trying to connect the board to my MacPro and SimpleBGC_GUI app. It's not connecting.

- I'm connecting STM32 straight on the MacPro via USB cable. The board appears on my system information as STM32 Virtual COM Port.

- The board is ONLY connected via USB cable on the MAcPro. Joystick, battery, and motors are not connected, since I'm trying to make sure that I have access to the STM32 before connect everything else. The green led is on, and the red led blinking.  

- When I open the software SimpleBGC32 GUI v2.63 b0, the connection to the board is listed as /dev/tty.usbmodemXXXXXX and /dev/cu.usbmodemXXXXXX.

- The board doesn't connect, and shows an error message 'Serial Data Corrupted'.

Do I really need to plug a USB-TTL Serial adaptor to connect the STM32 with the GUI software? Or it should be mandatory only for firmware updates? Or that's because I'm using macOS Sierra?

Should I use another app to connect and configure parameters on STM32 instead of SimpleBGC_GUI app? Are there any other recommendations or solutions for Macintosh users? 

Thank you so much!

#serial #stm32 #usb #connection #osx #usb-ttl #macos-sierra #macintosh #serial-data-corrupted
0 REPLIES 0