Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM6DS33 self test

Daniel Correa
Associate
Posted on October 07, 2017 at 20:45

Hello,

I am using a Pololu Minimu9 v5. I successfully did a self test of the LIS3MDL 3-axis magnetometer and now I am trying to self test the LSM6DS33 with the procedure mentioned in the application note. My test appears to fail each time. I don't know if it is my method or if the sensor has malfunctioned. What is the proper implementation of the self test? Is there anything you can do to readjust sensor to optimal functionality?

#self-test #lsm6ds33 #accelerometer
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee
Posted on October 09, 2017 at 09:45

Which part failed during the self-test? Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Both?

Can you share the output values with and without self-test enabled?

You can find example implementation of the self-test procedure for LSM6DS3 in

https://my.st.com/content/my_st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-embedded-software-expansion/x-cube-mems1.license%3d1507534908437.product%3dX-CUBE-MEMS1.html

package.

It is not possible to re-adjust the sensor.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee
Posted on October 09, 2017 at 09:45

Which part failed during the self-test? Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Both?

Can you share the output values with and without self-test enabled?

You can find example implementation of the self-test procedure for LSM6DS3 in

https://my.st.com/content/my_st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-embedded-software-expansion/x-cube-mems1.license%3d1507534908437.product%3dX-CUBE-MEMS1.html

package.

It is not possible to re-adjust the sensor.

Daniel Correa
Associate
Posted on October 09, 2017 at 18:59

Hello.

I figured out why my testing method was failing. First I used the LSM6DS3 datasheet to determine the self test output change for linear acceleration and angular rate because the LSM6DS33 datasheet does not specify. Secondly I had to correct some of my coding. The self test now passes for each component.