Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation issues in RM0316 rev 8

Andreja Kostic
Associate II
Posted on October 09, 2017 at 15:37

Hello everyone,

I've been reading the RM0316 Reference manual for STM32F303xB/C/D/E, STM32F303x6/8, STM32F328x8,

STM32F358xC, STM32F398xE advanced ARM � -based MCUs, DocID022558 Rev 8 and have noticed following issues:

Page 70, Page Erase section, item 1 states: 'Check that no Flash memory operation is ongoing by checking the BSY bit in the FLASH_CR register', but the FLASH_CR register does not contain BSY bit. I assume the authors meant FLASH_SR instead.

Page 73, Option Byte Programming, first paragraph contains the following sentence: 'If not, the program operation is skipped and a warning is issued by the WRPRTERR bit in the FLASH_SR register.' After testing this, I've noticed that at least the STM32F303VCT6 will respond by setting the PGERR bit in the FLASH_SR register. This behavior also matches what happens when attempting to overwrite regular non-erased flash memory.

#documentation-error
3 REPLIES 3
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on October 09, 2017 at 16:06

Hi

andreja.kostic

‌,

You can do it here, in the STM32 forum. It will be helpful to precise that it is a documentation issue in the title of your post.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on October 10, 2017 at 16:40

Hi

andreja.kostic

‌,

I agree with you that:

1. BSY bit belongs to FLASH_SR register not FLASH_CR
  2. PGERR is setifthe value of the addressed option byte isn't erased when trying to program an option byte.

These typos are raised internally for F3 and F0 reference manuals.Thanks for reporting them.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Posted on October 10, 2017 at 16:45

Glad to be of assistance!