cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEmWin not Displaying but LTDC Works

Zach Neveu
Associate II
Posted on October 10, 2017 at 19:33

I am using an STM32F439BIT processor and developing in Keil uVision 5.  My goal is to make a touchscreen GUI for a VGA resolution touchscreen.  I have implemented STEmWin to the best of my abilities, using the LIN32 Driver (which should work with my touchscreen).  Using the hltdc.Init.Backcolor.Red/Green/Blue elements in LCD_LL_Init() I am able to set a solid color to the screen.  When I begin calling STEmWin functions (GUI_Clear(), GUI_DispStringAt(), etc.), nothing is printed to the screen.

Has anyone experienced this?  Anyone have insight into some common causes for this or what I may have missed?

Thanks!

#gui #display #touchscreen #stemwin
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on October 11, 2017 at 17:21

Hello!

did you enabled CRC module? Its essential to work the driver.

Posted on October 11, 2017 at 18:39

HAL_CRC_MODULE_ENABLED is defined in stm32f4xx_hal_conf.h, and __HAL_RCC_CRC_CLK_ENABLE() is called before any GUI functions are called, so yes, I believe the CRC module should be enabled.  Is there anything else you can think of that may be causing the problem?

Thanks for your help!

Posted on October 11, 2017 at 18:57

Which LCD type you use?

LIN driver is for direct access to video memory only

GUI functions like GUI_DispStringAt use commands also , like SetWindowSize .

Posted on October 11, 2017 at 19:58

The LCD is a UMSH-8247MD-15T from URT.  It uses an 18 bit parallel color interface, and matches up with the LTDC interface on the processor.  Using the LTDC functions provided in the HAL I am able to get the screen to work.  A previous project of mine involved a STM32f4xx Eval board with a touchscreen with a very similar interface and the LIN driver worked with that.  What exactly is meant by video memory? I haven't been able to get a good explanation of where video memory is located/what accesses it etc.

Thanks!