cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QSPI examples missing in STM32F769I-DISCO

Posted on October 20, 2017 at 10:26

Hi,

In repository (STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.8.0) for a board STM32F769I-DISCO, there aren't any examples for a QSPI, a contrary to STM32F769I-EVAL board that the example is present.

I copied the example, I changed the GPIO connection but still don't work.

There are a correct examples?

#qspi #qspi-flash-memory-mapped-bootload-stm32f7 #stm32f7-discovery
5 REPLIES 5
Joerg Wagner
Senior III
Posted on October 27, 2017 at 00:19

Hi, maybe you will find this project useful:

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkYY5SAN

john doe
Lead
Posted on October 27, 2017 at 05:19

the example is in STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.8.0/Projects/STM32F769I-Discovery/Examples/BSP

things to remember - you need to erase an area before writing to it, and you have to go to the next available block [read data sheet for block size] before writing something else otherwise you overwrite and corrupt.  reading is fast. writing is very slow.  please pardon my sloppy and plagiarized code as im just a bit fumbling amateur that does this for fun

ignore the cubemx app generated code in the project and pay attention to the BSP driver code instead.

I also did one for usb otg with a thumb drive

https://github.com/ProjectsByJRP/USB_OTG_to_QSPI_Flash

Posted on June 08, 2018 at 12:35

This popped up on the feed today so I'll add some more info

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.11.0\Projects\STM32F769I-Discovery\Examples\BSP\Src

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.11.0\Drivers\BSP\STM32F769I-Discovery\stm32f769i_discovery_qspi.c

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.11.0\Projects\STM32F769I-Discovery\Demonstration\STemwin\Core\Src\k_bsp.c

There is BSP code, and examples using it, there isn't an Examples\QSPI directory, which seems a bit of an oversight, but things could be ported from other examples, you might have to pay attention to pins and chips involved.

I've also ported a working STLDR example to the platform.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
benyBoy
Associate II

Hi , can anyway tell me where QSPI gpio pin configuration happens in the examples ? I can't seam to find it in the AUDIO player recorder project for example

It's in the BSP QSPI file:

void BSP_QSPI_MspInit(QSPI_HandleTypeDef *hqspi, void *Params);

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.11.0\Drivers\BSP\STM32F769I-Discovery\stm32f769i_discovery_qspi.c

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..