cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot find how to open stm32cube, package seems to have downloaded ok but no shortcut has appeared on the desktop

chris barnett
Associate II
Posted on October 20, 2017 at 13:17

Hi, I have downloaded stm32cubef4 for the nucleo-64 board (stm32f401). The directory seems to have the correct structure. No icon has appeared on the desktop or in the launch menu (win10) to start the program. Anyone know how to get it started? Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on October 20, 2017 at 13:32

Hello,

Delete the package and try again the correct download of the firmware package

from STMicroelectronics official site:

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-embedded-software/stm32cubef4.html

Or download the package directly from STM32CubeMx:

• MENU > Help > Install New Libraries

• Select libraries that you need

• Force download with button “Install Nowâ€�.

Best Regards

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Posted on October 20, 2017 at 15:11

You downloaded the ZIP file with your browser?

Have you installed CubeMX?

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on October 20, 2017 at 13:36

Hi, It wont let me download the package again

Posted on October 20, 2017 at 15:59

Hi, I have re downloaded the package and extracted the files succesfully (I think). Now what do I do to install it?

Posted on October 20, 2017 at 16:17

I downloaded from the st site. I downloaded the AC6 toolchain and installed it.

Posted on October 20, 2017 at 17:00

It is an archive of files, what you need to do is down load and install the CUBEMX package, and use it to install the .ZIP

http://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stm32cubemx.html

Now if you just want to build things from AC6, you're going to need to navigate the package you unpacked, and open the PROJECTS within in it from your tool chain. The archive contains the HAL libraries, and an array of examples for assorted boards and peripherals.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on October 20, 2017 at 17:23

thank you Clive, I shall try that