Did you mean: 

STM32F7 + SPI + LCD

Bal�zs Gyenge
Associate II
Posted on October 20, 2017 at 16:29

Helo!  I'd like to make the next thing:

LCD application and communication with another IC through SPI,

I did the next steps:

1. I made a new uVision LCD projects (found the steps in the ARM youtube channel, works fine).

2. I checked the SI DMA example (STM32Cube V1.8.0).

3. Import the files (stm32f7xx_hal_msp, stm32f7xx_it, main.h) 

The project is not working. Where should I look the problem? Or how should I solve this, or what is the way?

#keil #spi #stm32f7
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on October 20, 2017 at 17:31

Please edit post so text formats normally.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on October 20, 2017 at 17:58

So from 1) I'm assuming that you have a working display using whatever SPI modes were being used there.

I would probably clone the SPI DMA example and then modify and merge in the code from the prior working example. You're going to want to pay attention to SPI and DMA being used, and pins. If the code builds you should review what's happening at the pins with a scope or analyzer.

I'm afraid 'not working' is a bit of a broad target. The LCD doesn't respond? The SPI doesn't clock?

Start with the working model you have and pull in and test new portions a bit at a time.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Bal�zs Gyenge
Associate II
Posted on October 20, 2017 at 20:56

The LCD application is working. After I have added the SPI options (hal_msp.c file) the LCD still working, the SPi doesn't.

Bal�zs Gyenge
Associate II
Posted on October 21, 2017 at 20:42

Thanks.

After I made an LCD project, I did the next step: I took the SPI options and got to the LCD project. After these the LCD still worked.