Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginner need help: Wakeup from STOP-Mode

Zh4ng Wu
Associate
Posted on November 21, 2017 at 18:51

Hello everybody,

I would be happy if someone could help me. 

I am very new with STM32 controllers and i have problemes to understand the wakeup function from the STOP-Mode with the external interrupt.

I have search a lot on google and here in the forum but i can't find a straightforward example with HAL.

I looked also at the examples in the STM32Cube_FW_F0 Package but i can't find a example without the BSP extansion.

I would be glad, if someone has some time and programmed me an example.

I am using a STM32F051C

Big thanks

Zh4ng

2 REPLIES 2
Posted on November 21, 2017 at 21:46

BSP is the board level specifics, you'll either need to create something specific to your board using STM32F051C, or pull that code into the main project file.

Find an example for one of the DISCO or NUCLEO boards that closely matches your hardware setup. The PA0 Wake Up pin should be pretty consistent, and the EXTI the same.

Which tool chain are you using? How familiar are you with the tool chain and project creation or cloning? Experience outside STM32 parts using same or equivalent tools?

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on November 22, 2017 at 15:32

Hi Clive,

i know that the BSP are board specific. The first attempt was on a custom board with a STM32F053C8.

With no luck. Then i had try to understand the example in the HAL libraray. 

Meanwhile i have a couple of Discovery and Nucleo boards. 

Nucleo STM32L53 , Discovery STM32L053 & STM32L152.

As you've already noticed, the Toolchain & IDE is still a thing for me. I had try to import the example into my ide with no luck.

I'am using VisualGDB and tryed the System Workbench.

The way out of the arduino world is much harder i think before.

Big thanks

Zh4ng