cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading STM32CubeF4 1.17.0 fails repeatedly.

Glenn Andrews
Associate II
Posted on November 11, 2017 at 00:52

Hi all,

I'm trying to download stm32cube_fw_f4_v1170.zip using the new Libraries manager. I must have tried at least ten times downloading this 418.0 MByte file, it downloads 418.1 MBytes then throws up an error:

Error downloading the following files:

stm32cube_fw_f4_v1170.zip (Not yet available)

For unavailable files, you can load them manually with the 'From local' button.

I've tried to download the STM32CubeF4 package from the web page, but the available package is v1.18.0 and that throws up the error 'This Package version is not managed on this version of STM32CubeMX'

I'm starting to get a little frustrated by the whole process. Can anyone give me any hints on how to download this thing?

if it helps, I'm running this on a 32 bit Windows 7 box. Cube itself seems to work just fine, it's just downloading the library that fails.

Thank

5 REPLIES 5
Glenn Andrews
Associate II
Posted on November 11, 2017 at 02:25

Never mind. Kaspersky was doing something to the download. I disabled protection for 15 mins and it worked fine.

Posted on November 11, 2017 at 02:53

Yeah, worked fine from here, uploading to the Google Drive in case others have a problem with it, odd that v1.18.0 is posted but unusable with CubeMX

https://drive.google.com/open?id=197gOxuDMobGRCEmmPPJMkNNi0eGj0Mq9

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on November 11, 2017 at 15:36

I'll also observe that you can get those error messages if the file system runs out of space, CubeMX consumes a lot of disc space (10's of GB), you should remove unused library versions to recover the space consumed by the unpack archives and archives themselves.

Posted on November 11, 2017 at 20:22

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind. Everything seems good now the anti-virus isn't in the way. I wonder if it was taking too long to finish scanning the zip file and causing some kind of timeout?

Posted on November 11, 2017 at 21:49

AV can be a huge drag of system performance and file reading/writing, it can have significant impact on compile times, especially if the project runs into thousands of files.