cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers for JEDEC standard version 5.0-compliant e.MMC?

Abhishek Kumar
Associate III
Posted on December 30, 2017 at 20:51

We are using this Micron MTFC32GAKAEJP-4M e.MMC in one of our design with STM32F777II mcu, where I wanted to know:

1. Does STM (may be through cubemx) provides any driver set written already for talking to these JEDEC standard version 5.0 based e.MMC?

2. Will it work with the Chan's FATFS middle-ware provided in through CubeMX?

3. Any ideas if the JEDEC standard version 5.0-compliant e.MMC are backward compatible with older versions (like MMC std v4.2) of SDCards/MMC?

#jedec #mmc
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on December 31, 2017 at 00:05

You'd likely want to review the eMMC specification documents thoroughly to understand the differences. If you are dependent on third part code check if reads the version of the card, and applies different methods accordingly.

FATFS is agnostic to the block storage media being used, you get to manage any behaviour specific to the media in the DISKIO layer.

Last I checked ST is several releases behind with the FATFS

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on January 02, 2018 at 07:21

Is it like only these 6 API functions - disk_initialize, disk_status, disk_read, disk_write, disk_ioctl, get_fattime needs to be rewritten for the new JEDEC v5.0 specificication? or something else as well?

(asking this as I am new to eMMC peripherals)