cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External chip initialization through SPI problem

Gergo Tanyi
Associate II
Posted on November 10, 2017 at 18:21

I have an STM32F103C8T6 uC and an ASIC chip with memory. They communicate with SPI interface, ST being the Master device. On the uC lies a Firmware by the vendor of the ASIC device. I have been trying to shape it to my hardware and development tools. I attached the initialization code, and some function declarations. I'm mostly concerned about the memset() function. In my opinion the  function should initialize the memory of the ASIC, but to me it seems it doesnt. I am a little confused about it, or what to. I hope some more experienced eye can see what I dont.

Thank you in advance!

#stm32f103 #initialize-a-structure
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on November 10, 2017 at 18:44

Yes, looks like you need to have some HW initialization code for the SPI and ASIC some place earlier

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on November 10, 2017 at 19:00

The SPI has been initialized before this. I can even read, write to and from the chip, I have finished those functions. What I expect from hardware initialization, is to setup the memory of the ASIC according to the different structures, whose address were passed to the memset() function, which is visible. The memset() is not defined, thats my problem. Seemingly I should do that myself, I dont understand the reference though. It doesnt look to be initializing external hardware, cause it receives an address to the structure, a value of 0, and the size of the struct. It's more like initializing the structure itself.