cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems & Questions using the AcousticSL Library

RIchard Klosinski
Associate
Posted on November 09, 2017 at 23:59

1) The instructions (well at least one of way to many overlapping instructions) state that the software is node locked, yet I can compile and use the code w/o errors. Is the software for the AcousticSL library still node locked??? Im using Eclipse and AC6 software to compile.

2) I built a prototype using the Nucleo-64 (STM32F401 based), X-NUCLEO-CCA02M1 (mems mic pcb) and a custom pcb that plugs into the mems mic pcb to get mic separation of 110mm. I followed the instructions in UM2212 (Getting started with AcousticSL real-time sound source localization middleware) to wire the mic's on my pcb to the pattern giving on 7. This means I wired the mic's as they are labeled on page 7 to the corresponding MIC?_EXT_A on the 

X-NUCLEO-CCA02M1. Also I set the jumpers on the  X-NUCLEO-CCA02M1. I did basic testing of my pcb by removing the mic coupons and shorting the output to gnd then vcc. The corresponding memory of the PDM_Buffer became all 00 or FF, but this only tests mic1/2 and 3/4 pairs. 

The problem: The output of the angle never really moves with the sound. usually get numbers line 224, 135, 314 while holding my 1k signal generator (an iphone with a signal generator app) about 2 feet away. rarely do I get anything below 135.

Richard

#acousticsl 

0 REPLIES 0