Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program several STM32H7 in one shot

Geo En
Associate III
Posted on February 27, 2018 at 16:16

Hello,

I am working on a board that has three STM32H7 on it. They are running exactly the same code.  It is really boring and time consuming to flash them one by one...

I would like to know if there is a standard way to program three STM32H7 in one shot with the same code ?

Thanks for your help!

#programming #stm32h7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on February 27, 2018 at 16:45

If they are all the same perhaps you could daisy chain them and have the one at the head of the chain program the others.

High speed USART connectivity, BOOT0, NRESET, and use the System Loader. If they share/combine a common USART_RX pin you could probably slip stream to all three in a single pass, using the responses from the first to pace/control the process.

With your own boot loader you could perhaps do something more in parallel.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Posted on February 27, 2018 at 16:45

If they are all the same perhaps you could daisy chain them and have the one at the head of the chain program the others.

High speed USART connectivity, BOOT0, NRESET, and use the System Loader. If they share/combine a common USART_RX pin you could probably slip stream to all three in a single pass, using the responses from the first to pace/control the process.

With your own boot loader you could perhaps do something more in parallel.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on July 12, 2018 at 14:03

Can you give more information about how to program all the microcontrollers at the same time? Is there any application note about this process? 

Thank you!