cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB CDC Device_Only, re-connect port

tan loi
Associate II
Posted on November 04, 2017 at 19:46

I'm using STM32F407 Discovery-1, I use USB CDC to send and receive data from terminal. Everything ok but issue that I need re-connect port to transmit and receive data, but i remember that when i used 

STM32F407 Discovery , every when i upload new code, i don't need to re-connect port. I use CubeMx 4.14 for both STM32F407 Discovery versions. Please help me to resolve this problem. Sorry for bad my english.

2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on November 06, 2017 at 12:25

Hello

thaitanloi365

Please use the last version of CubeMx 4.23 and firmware package STM32CubeF4.

Have a look to the CDC application from CubeF4 package and you canstart with a working USB example to identify what is going wrong in your case and confirm if the problem here seems related to the hardware or software environment.

Best Regards

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
tan loi
Associate II
Posted on November 06, 2017 at 14:27

Thanks for your recommendation, I have used other versions as CubeMx 4.19,4.22 and 4.22.1 and other firmware versions as V2.J28.M18 Debug +Mass storage and latest firmware version, but the problem isn't resolved. I had to re-connect port every i upload new code. I confirm that when i use this code for STM32F407

Discovery 

( not Discovery 1 ' with firmware  ST-LINK V2 Debug. This problem is fiexed.