cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for some SPC56EL70 Processors, anyone?

Matthew Richardson
Associate II
Posted on April 30, 2018 at 22:24

I have DO-160 testing to do on some avionics units.  This certification is destructive, and I frankly do not know if the SPC will survive the MOPS in my particular application.  A lot of this is empirical [not analysis], and some of the tests are pretty rigid.  I do not want to buy a whole 5000k processor lot until my certification is done.  I'll buy some from mouser after testing.  The 18 week lead at most of the distributors is also a cause for concern.  Twice I've had tickets in with ST sales via 'Online Support' and none have been answered.  For my prototypes I removed chips off the Discovery Boards, and this isn't desirable for obvious reasons.  Even though the technical support from ST is top-notch (kudos to Erwin), I am having trouble with US sales.  There was even a local office right here in Seattle at one time, but it appears to be scuttled.

1) If this thread is answered by ST, can I buy about a dozen processors for my DO-160 testing.

2) Else, if there is anyone who has some SPC56EL70 [-X], 144 pin, (optionally with a copy of CofC), name a reasonable price and I will send you a check.

3) Erwin, please let me know your address as you are on my Christmas card list.

Cheers, 

Matt Richardson

mailto:mdrich@canaanavionics.com

2 REPLIES 2
Erwan YVIN
ST Employee
Posted on May 03, 2018 at 09:14

Hello Matthew ,

I have forwarded your request to the appropriate Field Application Engineer. (US part)

we have some chips MCUs 

SPC56EL70.

Best Regards

Erwan

Arnel LAURETA
Associate
Posted on May 10, 2018 at 06:20

Hello Matthew,

I've sent an email to your Canaan Avionics address properly introducing myself as your local ST contact for the Pacific Northwest.

Best Regards,

Arnel Laureta