cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AC6 assembly .ifdef not working?

Guido Körber
Associate III
Posted on January 29, 2018 at 16:35

Seems like no matter what I try the .ifdef does not work. It always takes the default path.

This happens with a symbol defined in the make settings as well as with symbols defined in any other way, including .equ and .set

4 REPLIES 4
Andrew Neil
Evangelist
Posted on January 29, 2018 at 18:56

Have you tried the specific AC6 forum?

http://www.openstm32.org/forum7

Posted on January 29, 2018 at 19:00

Try looking at the .LST and .MAP type files to check if the symbols your want are visible. I'd inspect the .OBJ (.O) files too, some command line stuff usually gets in them.

Try using the GNU/GAS outside of AC6 make sure it is not something specific to the chain, or makefile, etc.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on January 30, 2018 at 14:51

This happens with symbols visible in the .map file as well as some not visible there. I even tried using a label that I used for memory access a few lines down in the code. Same result, .ifdef used the default path and the memory access worked.

Guido Körber
Associate III
Posted on February 01, 2018 at 15:33

Problem solved. When using '.S' as file type the C pre processor goes through the file. That way I moved the defines and ifdefs to the C pre processor.