cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AC6 Assembly .include not working

Guido Körber
Associate III
Posted on December 14, 2017 at 20:17

Seems like I am missing something about the .include statement. No matter what I try I always end up getting 'Error: can't open xxxx for reading: No such file or directory'

Is there something I have to set up in the project preferences or some kind of path to the file I need to specify? It does not even work when the include file is in the same directory as the source code.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on December 14, 2017 at 21:51

Might want to review the command line to the assembler, how the source is pathed there, and if any include paths are handed over.

Source file might be './src/foo.s'

Not sufficiently familiar with AC6 but perhaps you can right click the file in the project tree and have the options show the path. Worst case seed a unique copy of the include file in several of the directories, including that of the project/workspace, and see which one gets pulled, and note that for future reference. Usually the base directory is determine by where the makefile or compiler is run from.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Posted on December 14, 2017 at 21:51

Might want to review the command line to the assembler, how the source is pathed there, and if any include paths are handed over.

Source file might be './src/foo.s'

Not sufficiently familiar with AC6 but perhaps you can right click the file in the project tree and have the options show the path. Worst case seed a unique copy of the include file in several of the directories, including that of the project/workspace, and see which one gets pulled, and note that for future reference. Usually the base directory is determine by where the makefile or compiler is run from.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on December 15, 2017 at 15:00

Thanks! That was the right hint.

In Project/Properties there is a setting where you can add include paths for the assembler. I did add the standard include folder (not just the path of the project folder!) and dropped my file there, now it works.