cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IIS2DH Interrupt 1 and Interrupt 2 signal generation

Posted on March 09, 2018 at 21:37

Hello,

I am trying to get both Interrupts 1 and 2 to trigger for two different movements and at different intervals of the time . But somehow only interrupt 2 is getting generated. Interrupt 1 is not getting called at all.

So, I wanted to check if interrupt 1 is getting generated from the IIS2DH in the first place. So, I removed the Interrupt 2 connection and had only interrupt 1. I used the same configuration that I used for Interrupt 2 generation for Interrupt 1 generation. Surprisingly, interrupt 1 was still not getting generated.

Below is my accelerometer configuration with Interrupt 2 only:

CTRL_REG1: 0x3F;

CTRL_REG4: 0x20;

INT2_CFG:     0x04;

INT2_THS:      0x05;

INT2_DUR:     0x01;

The above configuration worked perfectly with interrupt 2. When I used Interrupt 1 with the same configuration, it did not work. The configuration is as follows:

CTRL_REG1: 0x3F;

CTRL_REG4: 0x20;

INT1_CFG:     0x04;

INT1_THS:      0x05;

INT1_DUR:     0x01;

I don't understand why interrupt 1 doesn't generate for the same configuration for which interrupt 2 can work. Please help me.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee
Posted on March 12, 2018 at 10:35

What do you mean by '

interrupt 1 doesn't generate'? Does it mean the signal on pin INT1 doesn't change, or do you only checks INT1_SRC and INT2_SRC registers.

To see signals on INT1 pin you have to enable it in CTRL_REG3 = 0x40 and similarly for INT2 pin CTRL_REG6 = 0x20.